My heart…it just hurts.
So much death. So much strife.
Everywhere I look anymore, it seems there is another story.
- A police officer killed in the line of duty.
- A child fighting for their life.
- A family who lost someone to suicide.
- A little girl who had been kidnapped.
My heart aches!
Why?! Why is there SO. MUCH. PAIN??
I wish people didn’t have to hurt one another.
I wish people weren’t criticized and belittled because someone perceives them as “different.”
I wish nobody would even THINK to kill another human being in cold blood.
I wish we could live in peace with one another regardless of the color of our skin.
I wish no living soul – and certainly no child – EVER had to experience a life-threatening disease.
I wish no precious person would ever feel so alone, and so hopeless that they end their own life.
And I can wish, and wish, and wish away on every dandelion in a thousand fields and you know what would change?
Because wishing doesn’t bring change. Actions bring change.
- Acting on that impulse to stop and talk to someone who looks like they are struggling.
- Acting on that nudge to give to your church or to a charity.
- Acting on the desire to volunteer at a homeless shelter, a children’s hospital, or a food drive.
- Acting by spreading kindness to those you run across day-to-day.
- Acting by praying for people you know are hurting.
- Acting by being a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.
- Acting by standing up to bullying.
Single-handedly we may not be able to change much. But each of us in our little bubble can help change something.
And a little something here, a little something there, and pretty soon – with the help of a whole lot of little somethings – we may see the world get a little bit brighter.
It only takes a quick click! I’d love to have you! 💗
Copyright © 2018 Rejoicing In Hope. All rights reserved.