Man oh man! Life sure can get busy can’t it!
I’m sitting here in my temporary, in-between home (we’re moving), and I was just reading Psalm 103. I’ll be honest, sometimes I read my Bible more to check it off my list than to glean from God’s wisdom. Anyone else like that? Unfortunately, it’s an easy habit to fall into.
But as I was reading, something caught my eye and made me go back and actually read the words.
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth al thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Really, the entire passage could be bolded…there are so many nuggets of profound truth hidden in plain sight.
To paraphrase, we should be praising God with everything we are! Why? Well…
- He has given us SO MANY blessings and benefits.
- He FORGAVE US!!
- He has healed and enabled us to live life.
- We were on a self-destruct course headed right to hell, and He redeemed us!
- He is loving and merciful – so incredibly far beyond anything we could deserve. (And that’s all because of Who He is, by the way. Nothing to do with anything we have done.)
- He constantly gives us good things! Food, clothes, friendships, love, experiences, joy…
- We are renewed day by day as we walk with Him.
Stresses, unmet expectations, piles of housework, a demanding job, pressures of the season…these and many more threaten to steal the part of us that is really, truly alive. They turn us into mindless robots, just trying to get through the day. And for what? To repeat the process again the next day.
But it doesn’t have to be like that!
Next time you, like me, find yourself being sucked in by that negativity and handing over your joy like it’s yesterday’s leftovers, take a moment to read Psalm 103. Even just the first five verses.
God is So. GOOD. to us. And every single day there are things that He has provided to give us a breath of air and a little joy on the side.
Bless the Lord – with all that is within you.
Hugs you guys 💗
It only takes a quick click! I’d love to have you! 💗
Copyright © 2018 Rejoicing In Hope. All rights reserved.