There are so many things available today that provide opportunities to show off our individualism.
Personalized merchandise. Styles of cars. Styles and brands of clothes. Screensavers. Haircuts. Hair color. Sports.
And those are all things that we can choose! So add to that race, background, family heritage, and the myriad of other things that make us US.
But you know, really, we’re not that different. Sure, we like to parade around showing off our individual personality and style of living, but inside? Inside we’re all basically alike.
- We all battle inner demons.
- We all have insecurities.
- We all love. Often hard.
- We all face confusing relationships.
- We all have a bad hair day now and then.
- We all wake up sometimes wondering if we can, in fact, make it one more day.
- We all try to make our little slice of the world a good place to live.
- We all have days that beat us down.
- We all have times when we wonder what’s the point.
- We all have hopes, dreams, and goals.
We all try to navigate this confusing world in a way that we come out with more victories than defeats.
You, me, the guy in line for groceries, the lady behind us on the commute, the salesman, the police officer, the dog walker, the busy mom, the hard working dad, the struggling teenager…we’re all in this thing together.
So let’s be kind, speak softly, love freely, and give often.
Let’s help others when we are able, pick each other up, offer a hug, cook a meal.
Let’s give the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to conclusions.
Let’s enjoy the sunsets and dance in the rain.
Let’s share a smile with the stranger on the street.
Let’s give each other a break when we have a bad day.
And let’s remember that hurting people hurt people.
Were all in this together.
So let’s act like it. 💗
It only takes a quick click! I’d love to have you! 💗
Copyright © 2018 Rejoicing In Hope. All rights reserved.